This delicious Cranberry Apple Jam Preserves Canning Recipe is about harvesting nature’s bounty and finding a way to use all of this wonderfully ripe fruit.
This old fashioned recipe gives us a step by step guide to creating apple cranberry jam preserves that can be enjoyed all year long.
For this recipe you will need eight cups of apples, peeled, cored, and chopped, four cups of cranberries, one half cup lemon juice, one cup of water, 4 cups of sugar and teaspoon ground Cinnamon.
4 cups Sugar
1 cup Water
1/2 cup Lemon juice
4 cups fresh Cranberries
1 teaspoon ground Cinnamon
8 cups Apples- cut into ¾” inch chunks
1. Prepare boiling hot water bath, lids, and canning jars. Select and sterilize whatever size jars you prefer.
2. Combine apples, cranberries, sugar, and water in a large pot. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for ten to twelve minutes. Stir frequently to avoid scorching and slowly break apart apples.
3. When berries open and apples are just soft, add lemon juice and cinnamon and continue cooking for seven to eight more minutes until jam thickens.
4. Cooking time depends on the type of apple (pectin in apples and cranberries may vary). Jam is ready when some just remains on a wooden spoon pulled straight up out of the pot.
5. Ladle mixture into hot jars and process in hot water bath for 10 minutes.
Thank you Sara C. for sharing your recipe and your lovely pictures. It is inspiring to be so generous with others so many more people with pick up the challenge of learning the art form of canning.