Add a High Tunnel to Your Homestead With Help From the Government


If you have a homestead and would like to prolong your growing season this government program may help. There is a high tunnel program available to pay for a high tunnel so that you can add one to your homestead. I have also read that some folks have gotten to add fencing for goats with a similar program.

Arms Family Homestead tells us how the got their high tunnel this way and explains the steps you have to take. The program is through USDA Department of Agriculture under National Resources Conservation Services.  ( Clicking on the blue words will take you there)  You have to apply with your local agent and each state has its own separate pay out date. What a wonderful thing to help homesteaders grow. While these programs do provide free services they are paid for by our taxes so it is really nice to see them being put to good use for us.