This tutorial how to build a bed headboard tall storage towers diy project will help you frugally create sturdy furniture. The storage towers DIY project was inspired by a bedroom set from Pottery Barn.
However, it creates a really good look in the room when some unique details are added. Even without consuming a lot of floor space, you could create a functional, storage towers. Here is how you can build this yourself.
– Get birch veneer plywood and cut them out to the required sizes for creating the “boxes” of the storage towers.
– Then select the horizontal shelf pieces and drill pocket holes in them.
– Drill holes in the side panels of the towers before assembling the boxes.
– In order to properly position the panels, carefully measure and mark lines on the sides of the plywood.
– Avoid drilling the self-pin holes too deeply. You can prevent this by making a stop block. Drill a hole through a scrap 2×4.
– Follow the plan to installed the face frames and assemble the boxes.
– Attach pocket hole screws and glue the trim along the bottom. Note that it should be mitered and made from 1×6 inch boards.
– Use 1-1/4 inch general purpose screws to screw the bottom trim piece. Use clamps to hold it in place.
– To prevent splitting, ensure to pre-drill holes in the feet of the bottom trim.
– Install the top trim in the same manner as the bottom trim. Do not stray from the plan.
– Add a cleat to the sides to finish off the towers. This is great for attaching the shelf.
– Use the remaining plywood to work on the shelves.
– Sanding of all surfaces should be done with 150 grit sandpaper after all the pieces had been built.
Click here to read about how to build a bed headboard tall storage towers diy project:
TheHomesteadSurvival.com is all about preparedness through self reliance.
Our mission is to inspire and encourage you to live a simple, joyful life, no matter where you live. If you want to learn homesteading skills, like raising chickens and preserving the harvest for winter, you’ve come to the right place.