This step by step tutorial of how to build a screened enclosed garden bed diy project is a inexpensive garden structure that really tries hard to be pest and predator proof. This project will actually solve to common problems for city dwellers who want to garden, lack of space and rodent infestation. The plan includes constructing a large, raised garden bed and a cover system that will prevent rodents and other creatures from getting at the plants.
Gardening has become more and more popular these days, especially with so many reports of all the illnesses and even deaths being caused by e-coli and listeria from contaminated vegetables and other foods. Unfortunately, there are many people who live in urban or other inner city environments that makes it really tough to grow fresh vegetables and fruits. This Do It Yourself project was designed to introduce the reader to a way that almost anyone can plant a garden in the city.
Benefits of reading and following the $100 City Proof Garden DIY Project
● Create your own garden that is perfect for most any urban setting
● DIY project includes a complete list of all materials, supplies and tools needed
● Includes a complete step by step instruction guide that with a cut list for all the lumber w/pricing (approximate)
● Has several full color pictures that provide a visual reference for some of the steps
Size of finished project: Garden Size: 72″ L x 27″ W x 36″ H
Build Time: 3 – 6 hours
Power Drill w/Phillips bit
Circular Saw (Miter Saw Suggested)
T-50 Staple Gun
Shovel (Rake also Suggested)
(8) – 2 x 2 x 8 – Not Pressure Treated – $14 (Lumber Isle)
(4) – 2 x 6 x 8 – Not Pressure Treated- $ 17.72 (Lumber Isle)
Chicken Wire – 1/2 in. x 3 ft. x 25 ft. Hardware Cloth – $45.94 (Gardening Section)
2-1/2 in. Galvanized Non-Removable Pin Narrow Utility Hinge (2-Pack) – $4.37 (Hardware)
(2) – Sash Lock – $5.74 (Hardware)
2 1/2″ Drywall screws – $6.74 (Hardware)
1/2″ T-50 Staples – $3.22 (Hardware)
Total Cost = $97.73
The project includes an easy to follow plan that you can download and take with you to any local hardware store to get all the things you will need.
Click here to read about how to build a screened enclosed garden bed diy project:
TheHomesteadSurvival.com is all about preparedness through self reliance.
Our mission is to inspire and encourage you to live a simple, joyful life, no matter where you live. If you want to learn homesteading skills, like raising chickens and preserving the harvest for winter, you’ve come to the right place.