This homemade chicken eggs incubator homesteading diy project is well worth the time, effort and minimal expenses for materials to expand your chicken flock.
An incubator is a machine that maintains the eggs of birds to allow them to hatch appropriately and comfortably. They are expensive to buy and maintain, and for the part-time caregivers, building one on their own may be worth it regardless of all the painstaking labor put into it. The incubator will be downloaded to an app that will let egg watchers start and end their cycles in the incubator. Based on the eggs, the incubator will know what temperature and humidity the egg will thrive in and adjust to it automatically. It will send a message to the phone if the humidity gets too low or if the motion sensor feels something. The app will have all of the important pieces of information regarding the eggs’ cycle.
To build the incubator, get the following:
• 1 9-mm thick piece of plywood that measures at 122 x 244 x 9mm; this will be divided into multiple sizes for the floor, roof, sides, back, and door.
• 1 5-mm thick piece of plywood measured at 61 x 122 x 5mm; this will be divided based on location.
• Hardwood battens that measure at 1 x 1.5 and 1.5 x 1.5; probably about 20 pieces of them will be needed.
• 2 pieces of 20-mm thick Styrofoam plates that are 60 x 120 x 20mm – also will be broken up.
• A roll of chicken wire, 2 small door hinges, 2 bolt locks
• 2mm thick pieces of Plexiglas
• Bolts, screws, and wood glue
Then, there are the electrical parts of the incubator. That is another complex part of the machine, which includes: light bulbs, a motion sensor, a socket & plug, cables, a transformer and relay board, an LCD-screen, and heating element among other things. To put it all together have screwdrivers, pliers, a saw, pliers, a drill, a knife, and a hammer…among other things.
Again, it’s a lot of labor, a lot of time, and a lot of energy to put into making this special machine.
Click here to read about how to make a homemade chicken eggs incubator homesteading diy project:
TheHomesteadSurvival.com is all about preparedness through self reliance.
Our mission is to inspire and encourage you to live a simple, joyful life, no matter where you live. If you want to learn homesteading skills, like raising chickens and preserving the harvest for winter, you’ve come to the right place.