Chocolate Cupcake Frosting Homemade Vintage Recipe
This Chocolate Cupcake Frosting Homemade Vintage Recipe is an old fashioned take on creating an icing that will delight your sweet tooth. Cupcakes, cakes, and brownies are just waiting for this delicious frosting (icing) to be spread upon.
1/4 cup Crisco, melted
1/2 cup cocoa
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup milk
1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3-1/2 cups confectioners sugar
1. In a saucepan, melt Crisco. Remove from heat after melting.
2. Add cocoa and salt.
3. Stir in milk and vanilla.
4. Put all sugar in a bowl. Add chocolate mixture to sugar. Mix at medium speed until smooth and creamy.
5. Add 1 tablespoon more milk, if needed for good spreading consistency.
*** Frosts two 8- or 9-inch layers or a 13 x 9-inch cake or cupcakes
Bonus Recipe….. maybe it is because chocolate puts me in such a good mood.
Quick Fudge Icing Homemade Vintage Recipe
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup cocoa
1/4 cup butter
1/2 cup milk
2 tablespoons white corn syrup
1/8 teaspoon salt
1. Mix in saucepan 1 cup sugar and 1/4 cup cocoa. Add 1/4 cup butter, 1/2 cup milk, 2 tablespoons white corn syrup, 1/8 teaspoon salt
2. Stir and bring to a full rolling boil. Boil vigorously, stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes. (Cocoa syrup must become thick and coat the spoon, so be sure that the mixture boils hard.)
4. Beat in 1 1/2 to 2 cups sifted confectioners’ sugar and 1 tsp. vanilla.
Let stand until icing is of spreading consistency.
NOTE: Cocoa syrup may be cooled quickly in ice water before adding confectioners’ sugar and vanilla.