Cold Smoking and Curing Food MacGyver Style Project
This method of cold smoking and curing food MacGyver style project is frugal yet effective. There is a form of cold smoking, but it is actually used for curing meats rather than cooking it in preparation for eating. This type of smoking involves cold smoking at a much lower temperature over a longer period of time.
If you are not fortunate enough to own a cold smoker, you could tap into the inner MacGyver and come up with your own. If you are not so inclined, you can use this DIY project instead.
This do it yourself project was shared in order to help their readers to get the benefit of the cold smoking. Much like what was seen on the television show MacGyver, everything needed to make a cold smoking device can typically be found around the house. If not, they can easily be found at a most supply stores.
Benefits of reading the Cold Smoking and Curing Food MacGyver Style Article
● The project includes a short list of all of the materials, supplies and tools needed to get started
● It also includes a complete, easy follow step by step instruction guide for the construction
● Has several full color pictures to use a visual representation of the instructions
Cold smoking different meats, cheeses, nuts and and even eggs.
Here are a few guidelines to get you started:
• Choose a cool day.
• Monitor the temperature of your smoke.
• Make sure you leave sufficient space around the food for the smoke to circulate.
• Leave smoked food in the fridge for at least 24 hours before eating (wrap it well).
• Make sure your sawdust or wood chippings have not been contaminated by unwanted types of wood.
• Put your food in the smoker when it is operational and producing lots of smoke.
Click here to read about Cold Smoking and Curing Food MacGyver Style Project:
[amazon-related-products keywords=”cold smoker”]
You may also like...