Cream Cheese Frosting Homemade Vintage Recipe
Cream Cheese Frosting Homemade Vintage Recipe is a delightful experience in taste, texture, and versatility. Easy to make with the simplest of ingredients so it can be your “go to” frosting.
Cream cheese frosting is a variation on a buttercream frosting recipe. Buttercream frosting is traditionally made with powdered sugar, butter, and vanilla extract or another flavoring. In a cream cheese frosting, the texture of buttercream is lightened with the addition of cream cheese as the main ingredient. Cream cheese frosting recipes became popular in the 1960s, with the increasing availability of packaged cream cheese in supermarkets. The frosting is a traditional frosting choice for red velvet cakes, carrot cakes, and spice cakes, and is also a popular choice for cupcakes.
Cream cheese (8 ounces) 1 package
1 tablespoon milk
1 package Betty Crocker any flavor creamy frosting mix
1. Beat 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened, and 1 tablespoon milk in small mixer bowl until smooth and fluffy.
2. Beat in 1 package Betty Crocker any flavor creamy frosting mix (dry) on low speed, scraping bowl constantly.
3. Beat on high speed, scraping bowl occasionally, until smooth and creamy, about 1 minute.
4. Stir in 1 teaspoon milk if necessary.
* Fills and frosts two 8- or 9-inch layers or frosts a 13×9-inch cake or 10-inch angel food or chiffon cake.
Modern Day Cream Cheese Frosting Recipe
1/2 cup butter, softened
8 ounces cream cheese softened
4 cups confectioners’ sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1. Beat softened butter and cream cheese until well blended.
2. Add powdered sugar and vanilla.
3. Beat until creamy.
You may also like...