Dehydrating Sliced Peaches for Fruit Food Storage
This Dehydrating Sliced Peaches for Fruit Food Storage recipe was designed to introduce the homesteading readers to a unique way to make your freshly picked peaches last throughout the year.
A big part of healthy these days is adding more and more fresh fruits and veggies into your daily diet. One of the best sources for these fruits and vegetables would be for you to grow them yourselves.
This article includes a homemade recipe were shared in hopes to help as many as possible to be able to preserve all of the excess freshly picked peaches and make it so that they are ready to be stored. The tutorial that is part of the recipe goes into detail in order to explain all of the steps that they completed in order to get it to work correctly. All of the information included inside the recipe is presented in a way that it a bit easier to understand,
Chefman Food Dehydrator Machine, Electric Multi-Tier Food Preserver (Click to Buy Here)
10 Peeled and Sliced 1/4” thick Peaches
1. Place peaches in a large pot of boiling water for 10-20 seconds or until the skin splits.
2. Remove with a slotted spoon. Immediately place in an ice water bath to cool the peaches and stop the cooking process.
3. Use a paring knife to peel the skin, which should easily peel off.
4. Slice in half, remove pit and cut into 1/4 slices.
5. Dip peach slices in lemon juice.
6. Position the peach slices on different drying racks not touching each other to allow air flow.
7. Dry for the recommended amount of time based on your dehydrator. 130-140F for 8 to 9 hours for peaches. Enjoy!
Benefits of reading the Homemade Recipes: How to preserve fresh peaches by dehydrating
* Discover a really easy way to be able to get the most out of your freshly picked peaches year round
* The article and recipe describe everything that you will need to have on hand in order to dehydrate your peaches including a dehydrator
* It also includes a description of all of the necessary steps that you will need to follow in order to get the best results from the dehydrated peaches
* There are numerous full-color pictures that help to provide the reader with a good visual reference of the article
Click here to read about Dehydrating Sliced Peaches for Fruit Food Storage:
You may also like...