Delicious pumpkin chili never goes out of style specially during fall and winter months. They make the best fall meals. Here’s an absolutely delicious pumpkin chili recipe I’d like to share.
Originally, I use cream cheese for that sour and creamy texture but since I have trouble digesting dairy (do you too?), I figured out a way to enjoy a creamy pumpkin soup minus the cream cheese using nutritional yeast and coconut oil. The flavor is slightly different but it still tastes absolutely delightful!
1 Onion diced
2 teaspoons cumin
1 teaspoon salt
2 tbsp. olive oil
½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 15 oz. of diced tomatoes
1/2 teaspoon Chili powder
1 15 oz. can of pumpkin purée
2 jalapeños peppers
2 small cans diced green chili peppers
1 cup chicken or vegetable broth
3 cups of cooked kidney beans (canned)
1 8oz package of cream cheese
Cilantro, shredded cheddar or Monterey Jack for garnish
1.5 lbs. chicken breast or 3cups cooked shredded chicken
1. Heat large pot to a medium-high heat. Slice the raw chicken breasts in small chunks (or use pre-cooked chicken instead). Coat pot with oil and toss the chicken. Cook each side for about 3-4 minutes.
2. Set aside chicken. Keep oil in pot (add more if needed).
3. Place diced onion in pot. Cook until tender. Add chopped jalapeño peppers. Cook until softened.
4. Put chicken back to pot. Coat vegetables and chicken with salt and spices. Add tomatoes, green chilis, pumpkin purée and chicken broth. Stir the mixture well.
5. Set heat to low. Add cream cheese. Stir until cheese is creamy.
TheHomesteadSurvival.com is all about preparedness through self reliance.
Our mission is to inspire and encourage you to live a simple, joyful life, no matter where you live. If you want to learn homesteading skills, like raising chickens and preserving the harvest for winter, you’ve come to the right place.