These Father To Son Wisdom To Pass Down For Great Life will help men (women too) on the journey of life. Fatherly advice can will come in handy when trying to be a better man, great father and an amazing husband. Knowledge and wisdom often come after a lifetime of experience ….. here are just a few things to generously share with as many children as you can. Being there matters.
A few favorites from the book Rules for My Unborn Son, Written by Aaron Conrad…. and a few extra quotes from the internet.
1. Never shake a man’s hand sitting down. Stand up and make eye contact.
2. There are plenty of ways to enter a pool. The stairs ain’t one.
3. The man at the grill is the closest thing we have to a king.
4. In a negotiation, never make the first offer.
5. Act like you’ve been there before. Especially in the end zone.
6. Request the late check-out.
7. When entrusted with a secret, keep it.
8. Hold your heroes to a higher standard.
9. Return a borrowed car with a full tank of gas.
10. Don’t fill up on bread.
11. When shaking hands, grip firmly and look him in the eye.
12. Don’t let a wishbone grow where a backbone should be.
13. If you need music on the beach, you’re missing the point.
14. Carry two handkerchiefs. The one in your back pocket is for you. The one in your breast pocket is for her.
15. You marry the girl, you marry her whole family.
16. Be like a duck. Remain calm on the surface and paddle like crazy underneath.
17. Experience the serenity of traveling alone.
18. Never be afraid to ask out the best looking girl in the room.
19. Never turn down a breath mint.
20. In a game of HORSE, sometimes a simple free throw will get ’em.
21. A sport coat is worth 1000 words.
22. Try writing your own eulogy. Never stop revising.
23. Thank a veteran. And then make it up to him.
24. If you want to know what makes you unique, sit for a caricature.
25. Eat lunch with the new kid.
26. After writing an angry email, read it carefully. Then delete it.
27. Ask your mom to play. She won’t let you win.
28. See it on the big screen.
29. Give credit. Take the blame.
30. Write down your dreams.
31. Open doors for EVERYONE.
32. If you are blessed with the ability to wink, use it.
33. If you’re going to drive a hard bargain, you better have exact change.
34. “Yesterday’s home runs don’t win today’s games.” -Babe Ruth
35. Never cheat on your barber.
36. Don’t let a wishbone grow where a backbone should be.
37. Keep a picture of your first fish, first car, and first girlfriend.
38. Don’t drink in public …..cellphones catch everything.
If you have never had the pleasure of listening to the song “Simple Man” by Lynyrd Skynyrd…..please do.
Click here to read the book “Rules for My Unborn Son”: