Free Insurance For Beekeepers Bees


Do you have honeybees? If yes, did you know that there’s an insurance for honeybees? Well, a USDA program called Emergency Assistance for Livestock, Honey Bees, and Farm-raised Fish, which stands for ELAP, provides financial assistance to those who are eligible livestock producers because of losses.

It’s basically an insurance for bees, yet there’s not premium, fees or any deductibles. In fact, the program is free to join. Once your bee yard is enrolled, they’ll be covered for the loss of colony, hive loss, and some feed purchased necessary to sustain the colony.

There’s no minimum number of hives that you should own to enroll. Honey bees that are used for producing honey, breeding, and pollination are eligible. Native, feral or wild bees aren’t eligible. As long as the gross income that you get from your hives is less than $900K yearly and you’re a citizen of the United States, you’re eligible.

If you want to know more about the free insurance program for honey bees, make sure to check out the post of Nicole at Heritage Acres Market.