Frugal Dishwasher Detergent Cleaning Tabs DIY Recipe is just what a thrifty homesteader who wants super squeaky clean dishers by using dishwasher tabs infused with essential oil that have antiseptic and disinfectant properties.
Everyone dislikes dirty dishes. Many homesteaders are seeking safe and natural products in all acspects of cleaning in their homes. So, I have come up with an all-natural homemade dishwashing tabs I infused with essential oils for that sparkly clean and fresh-smelling dishes.
This homemade detergent tabs is so easy to make. Plus, it’s safer and a lot more thrifty than commercial solutions.
1. In a glass bowl, pour in a cup of washing soda.
2. Add ¼ cup of plain or regular salt, yes, nothing fancy.
3. Pour in half a cup of citric acid powder.
4. For the sweet-smelling citrus scent, add citrus essential oil about 45 drops. Mix the ingredients properly, use the back of the wooden spoon and separate any lumps that may form out of the mixture.
Aside from the citrus essential oil you may use other essential oils such as orange, tangerine, lemon, bergamot, grapefruit and lime essential oil.
5. Spray two to three tablespoons of water into the mixture. As you slowly add the water, stir the mixture carefully. Don’t spray water too fast. Citric acid and washing soda will react too much and fizz once water is added too quickly.
6. Don’t add more adding water as your mixture reaches the consistency of a slightly damped sand.
7. Take out the mixture and place into a silicone mold.
8. Let the mixture harden and dry overnight.
9. Pop out the mixture from the silicone mold and put the mixture in a labeled airtight container.
Greetings! I'm Melissa Francis, the founder and primary contributor to The Homestead Survival. With over 20 years of experience in homesteading, sustainability, and emergency preparedness, I've dedicated my life to helping others achieve a simpler, more self-reliant lifestyle.
TheHomesteadSurvival.com is all about preparedness through self reliance.
Our mission is to inspire and encourage you to live a simple, joyful life, no matter where you live. If you want to learn homesteading skills, like raising chickens and preserving the harvest for winter, you’ve come to the right place.