Frugal Homemade Chicken Eggs Incubator DIY Project is a useful tool if you wish to hatch eggs at home. You can use an incubator to help hatch poultry eggs, such as chicken, duck or turkey.
Many of us homesteaders have always wanted to hatch their own chicken eggs. And, since we do not want to spend a lot of money for commercial incubators that leaves us with the decision to make a homemade incubator out of cheap and practical parts and supplies.
First off, the creator utilized a recycled sturdy wooden box from his local thrift store. Here are the materials needed to be used for the inner parts:
~ * Materials:
Computer fan (recycled)
~ * Steps:
1. To start with, cover the box with foam insulation.
2. Drill four holes about one inch in size. Two at the bottom of one side and another two on top of the other side.
3. Use grill toppers for the flooring of the incubator.
4. Use canning jars filled with water to lift the grate off at the box’s bottom.
5. For the thermostat, you can use a water heater thermostat.
6. Attach two slats together for the lid. Cut out a hole for window.
7. Use three brackets to hold slats together.
8. Attach the light bulbs. Use a socket splitter for the two bulbs in case one bulb goes out.
9. Install the thermostats between the light bulbs.
10. Attach a glass to the window hole you made. A picture frame may be a cheap option.
11. Finally, set grating on and attach the latch.
Just like that you are able to make a functional homemade incubator. The incubator should be able to hold a temperature of 99 to 100 degrees and around 40% of humidity. You can add a thermostat knob and install an egg turner at a later date.
Click here to read about how to build a Frugal Homemade Chicken Eggs Incubator DIY Project:
TheHomesteadSurvival.com is all about preparedness through self reliance.
Our mission is to inspire and encourage you to live a simple, joyful life, no matter where you live. If you want to learn homesteading skills, like raising chickens and preserving the harvest for winter, you’ve come to the right place.