This Fruit Jam Jelly Pastry Tarts Homemade Vintage Recipe is a delicious breakfast handheld sweet treat that goes amazingly well with a cup of tea. They are so simple to make and so decadent. Everyone loves a jam tart, especially with a little dollop of whipped cream on top.
1/4 cup milk
1/2 cup butter or margarine
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 and 1/2 cup flour
1/4 cup Confectioners Sugar
Your choice of desired fruit jam
2 – 8 oz pkg cream cheese – softened
Optional: garnish with fresh fruit
1. In a medium bowl beat cream cheese & milk till fluffy – set aside. (use in step 8)
2. In a larage bowl, cut butter into the flour mixture till resemble coarse crumbs.
3. Stir in half of cup cream cheese mixture til well combined. Shape in a ball in the bowl.
4. Lightly flour board, roll to 12-inch square. Use fluted cutter, trim pastry to 12 sq.
5. Cut out “9” 4×4 square inch squares. Cut sqs diagonally twice to form 4 triangles, make 36 triangles.
6. Ungreased baking sheet. Prick with a fork. Bake 350° – 15-20 min. till golden.
7. Cool. Spread each pastry with jam or jelly.
8. In medium bowl beat reserved cream cheese mixture with Confectioners sugar.
9. Pastry tube stars, small pipe c. cheese around edges. (You can use a ziplock bag and just cut a tiny hole in a corner)
TheHomesteadSurvival.com is all about preparedness through self reliance.
Our mission is to inspire and encourage you to live a simple, joyful life, no matter where you live. If you want to learn homesteading skills, like raising chickens and preserving the harvest for winter, you’ve come to the right place.