1. Heat one cup water to boiling point. Remove from heat.
2. Place Ginger tea bag in heated water. Steep for 4 minutes. Remove the tea bag.
3. Add Honey, Lemon juice and Apple Cider Vinegar…. stir in.
4. Sip slowly and enjoy the comfort.
1. Stay hydrated. Water, Juice, Clear Broths or electrolyte drink. Homemade Cold Remedy Recipe with honey helps loosen congestion and prevents dehydration.
2. Your body needs to heal and rest.
3. Soothe a sore throat with homemade cold remedy recipe four times a day, if needed.
4. Combat stuffiness (sit in a bathroom, run hot water in the shower and breathe in …. (it helps to roll up a towel and place at the bottom of the door)
5. Relieve pain – applying a warm, wet washcloth to the face. This can be a soothing remedy for a pounding headache. Inhaling through a damp cloth is a quick way to return moisture to the nose and throat. The heat will help to relieve pain and pressure.
6. Sip warm liquids, once again can not stress drinking enough liquids.
7. Add moisture to the air – Dry air irritates the nose and throat, causing more mucus to form as a lubricant. Placing a cool mist humidifier in the bedroom can promote better sleep, keeping the nose clear and preventing a sore throat.
8. Keeping the head elevated. When the buildup of mucus is particularly bothersome in the chest , it may help to sleep propped up on a few pillows or in a reclining chair.
This homemade cold remedy will break up chest congestion and will make you able to rest which your body needs now desperately.
TheHomesteadSurvival.com is all about preparedness through self reliance.
Our mission is to inspire and encourage you to live a simple, joyful life, no matter where you live. If you want to learn homesteading skills, like raising chickens and preserving the harvest for winter, you’ve come to the right place.