Homemade Ground Beef Cheese Ravioli Recipe is a delicious creative twist on an old fashioned traditional recipe. The infusion of blended flavors will melt in your mouth to the delight of your taste buds. It is a filling comfort food that is actually fun to make, you can even get the kids involved.
As in most food in Italy, stuffed pasta is unique in each region. They come in varying sizes and shapes. Stuffed pasta also comes in different stuffing – vegetables, cheeses such as ricotta and meats.
With the Italians love and adoration for dry pasta, stuffed pasta represents a special celebration. They are typically especially handmade. Here’s how stuffed pasta came to be a handmade pasta gem.
~ * Ingredients:
~ *For the Filling:
1/2 cup homemade ricotta
1/2 teapoon chopped parsley
1/2 cup grated mozzarella
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
Pinch dried oregano, kosher salt and black Pepper
Cooked, seasoned and drained ground beef (1/2 pound)
Finely chopped Spinach (1 cup)
~ * For the Dough:
1/2 cup warm water
Pinch baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1 tablespoon Olive Oil
3 1/3 cups All-purpose Flour
~ * Procedure:
1. Make a few sets of homemade pasta dough. Roll each finished dough into sheets measuring about 13” x 6”.
2. Layer a piece of dough. Make a divet in the pasta dough for the filling.
3. Place fillings inside the divet. About 1 and ½ to two teaspoons should be enough.
4. Layer another piece of dough.
5. Flatten the next layer of the dough using your hand. Slice through both layers using a rolling pin.
6. Transfer raviolis into a clean baking dish.
7. Boil water in a pot.
8. Cook raviolis over the boiling water for two to three minutes. Cooking time may also depend on the pasta size and the dough’s thickness. Note that normally, fresh pasta only requires minimal cooking time. Since raviolis belong to the delicate type of pasta, use minimal dressing of minced cheese and butter or a plain tomato sauce.
TheHomesteadSurvival.com is all about preparedness through self reliance.
Our mission is to inspire and encourage you to live a simple, joyful life, no matter where you live. If you want to learn homesteading skills, like raising chickens and preserving the harvest for winter, you’ve come to the right place.