Homemade Peanut Butter Crisco Cookies Vintage Recipe
This Homemade Peanut Butter Crisco Cookies Vintage Recipe is a family favorite because is lip-smacking – fight over the last cookie delicious sweet treat. The first peanut butter cookie recipe was created in 1910 and all we can say is “Thank You”.
Who else loves to eat them while they are still warm?
1/2 cup Crisco all-vegetable shortening
3/4 cup Jif creamy peanut butter
1 and 1/4 cups firmly packed light brown sugar
3 tablespoons milk
1 tablespoon vanilla
1 and 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1. Heat oven to 375°F.
2. Place sheets of foil on countertop for cooling cookies.
3. Combine shortening, peanut butter, brown sugar, milk, and vanilla in a large bowl. Beat at medium speed of electric mixer until well blended.
4. Add egg. Beat just until blended.
5. Combine flour, salt, and baking soda. Add to creamed mixture at low speed. Mix just until blended.
6. Drop by heaping teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart onto an ungreased baking sheet. Flatten slightly in crisscross pattern with tines of a fork.
7. Bake at 375°F for 7 to 8 minutes, or until set and just beginning to brown.
8. DO NOT OVERBAKE.
9. Cool 2 minutes on a baking sheet. Remove cookies to foil to cool completely.
Makes about 3 dozen cookies.
You may also like...