The Homemade Wood Pallet American Flag DIY Project was designed to introduce the readers to a unique patriotic wall decoration.
Finding ways to repurpose salvaged building materials is one of the hallmarks of thrifty craft project. One of the most popular items used by creative people is a used wooden shipping pallet.
One of the biggest reasons is because they are generally made out of the sturdiest materials and are uniform in size and shape. The type of wood used will depend mainly on the purpose of the pallet and what is being shipped on the pallet.
Look for an “HT” stamped on the wood shipping pallet which means it was “heat treated” NOT “chemically treated”.
Materials and Tools:
Old wood shipping pallets
Sand paper. 80 and 100 grit
Wood Saw (circular, Jigsaw, Table saw)
Screws, nails, or air brad nailer
2 long clamps (optional) but recommended that open at least 24″
Red, White, Blue acrylic paint
Your favorite finish
Pry bar to dismantle the pallet
This craft project was created in a way that makes it really easy for anyone who is looking for a way to make wall hanging that they can really be proud of.
The article includes ann easy to download plan which includes a listing of all of the tools and materials that you will need in order to get started with the construction.
It also makes it easy to follow all of the steps contained in the project.
* * * Benefits of reading the DIY Project: Turn Trash into Treasure, a pallet wood American Flag
* Learn how really easy it can be to turn someones trash into your treasure that you can enjoy for years to come
* The project includes a complete listing of all of the materials, supplies, and tools needed which starts with a used wooden shipping pallet
* The project includes a downloadable plan which is divided up into steps to make it really easy to follow from start to finish
* Each of the steps include full-color pictures that help to provide a good visual reference for the project
All of the information contained in the article is really easy to read and follow.
Click here to read about how to make a Homemade Wood Pallet American Flag DIY Project:
Greetings! I'm Melissa Francis, the founder and primary contributor to The Homestead Survival. With over 20 years of experience in homesteading, sustainability, and emergency preparedness, I've dedicated my life to helping others achieve a simpler, more self-reliant lifestyle.
TheHomesteadSurvival.com is all about preparedness through self reliance.
Our mission is to inspire and encourage you to live a simple, joyful life, no matter where you live. If you want to learn homesteading skills, like raising chickens and preserving the harvest for winter, you’ve come to the right place.