This Homesteading Steak Chili Vintage Recipe To Feed Whole Family is a delicious yet frugal meal that really stretches your grocery dollars during lean times.
2 lbs. Round Steak
1/2 cup flour
Salt and pepper
1 cup Kidney Beans (Canned)
1/2 cup Chili Sauce
1 cups Sweet Whole Kernel Corn (Canned)
1 cup boiling water
Optional – 1/2 cup chopped onions
1. Cut Round Steak into cube one-inch squares.
2. Mix flour and seasonings in a large bowl.
3. Roll cubed steak bits in flour mixture.
4. Brown flour steak cube bits well on all sides in fat in a frying pan.
5. Add remaining ingredients.
6. Cover and cook slowly until super tender.
7. Sprinkle grated Cheddar cheese on top right before serving.
Time for cooking –About 1 hour.
Amount–Serves 6 heartily