There are so many things that can be done with the global pandemic keeping almost everyone quarantined in their homes. If you have been planning to build your own grow room for the longest time but have not come around to doing it because of your busy schedule, now is the best time to do it.
If you believe in the benefits of cannabis, you may have tried or planned on trying CBD. Cultivating marijuana indoors is a welcome idea for many CBD enthusiasts, and there are several benefits in having a grow room of your own:
- Cost-Effective: Cannabis is not cheap, so growing your own allows you to save money. If you live in a region where it is legal to grow cannabis, you should take advantage of it by cultivating your own.
- Continuous Supply: Having a grow room for cannabis ensures that you have enough or more than sufficient supply of CBD.
- Quality: Building a grow room to plant cannabis is an excellent option if you have trust issues about the quality or safety of CBD products. You do not have to worry about pesticides or chemicals since you control what nourishes the plant. Therefore, you know exactly what you are reaping.
- Learning: Whether you are planning on growing cannabis as a hobby, or as a prelude to a business venture, a grow room in your home is the best way to learn new skills and develop new passions.
Growing cannabis indoors is time well spent when you are in self-quarantine. Producing high-quality CBD products is possible, but it all starts by building a grow room for your cannabis.
Building A Grow Room During Self-Quarantine
Now that you understand the benefits of building a grow room inside your home, you should know what you will need to create a DIY grow room,
Before setting up your grow room, you must first decide where you want to set it up. It is possible to grow cannabis in your attic, garage, basement, or walk-in closet. Any spare room or area will do as long the perfect climate is simulated using the proper equipment. However, the space must be thoroughly cleaned and disinfected before using it. You must also ensure that the room or area where you plan to set up the grow room is close to the electrical and water supply.
This section covers several pieces of equipment necessary to build a grow room. Despite the availability of ready-to-use growing tents which are great for beginners, knowing the purpose of essential grow room equipment and material is crucial.
- Grow lights: A grow room requires unique lights – ones that provide plants a full light spectrum. That being said, you cannot use ordinary household light bulbs. Grow lights are essential because plants need sunlight – in this case, these special bulbs mimic the light that the sun produces. Based on the phase of growth, a compact fluorescent lamp, high-pressure sodium light, or metal halide light can be used. LED lights are popular nowadays because they produce plenty of light, are energy-efficient, and will not harm the plants with too much heat.
- Ventilation system: Good ventilation is vital for growing healthy cannabis plants in a grow room. Plants should get enough carbon dioxide, and sufficient ventilation will control the humidity inside the room. When setting up the ventilation system for your grow room, think about climate control. Aside from the air intake, an oscillating fan increases airflow in the space, while an exhaust fan helps replace air inside the grow room.
Electrical timer: Another essential equipment to help your plants thrive is an electrical timer. Cannabis seeds, for example, need at least 12 hours of light to start flowering. Since it is crucial to create the right environment in the grow room, a timer will help do the work for you even when you are not around.
Soil And Water
Growing cannabis indoors is not difficult, but you must make sure that both the soil and water are right for cultivation,
- Soil: Your grow medium should be right for indoor growing to ensure healthy plants. You can choose between soil mediums, hydroponic systems, and coco blends. Choosing a growing medium depends on the amount of work and attention that you can put into it. Hydroponic systems, for example, require plenty of attention since it can overfeed the plants and promote root rot.
- Water: The pH level of the water should be between 5.8 and 7. Water is essential in growing plants, but avoid too much water when growing cannabis since it may cause damage to the roots and promote fungal growth.
There are different activities of value that you can engage in during self-quarantine. Building a grow room for cannabis is not only a great stress reliever, but it can also be the necessary motivation that you need to jumpstart your CBD business. But the best part of having a grow room is that you can enjoy harvesting your cannabis plants to make your own CBD at home.