Medical & HealthHow To Identify and Avoid Poison Ivy

How To Identify and Avoid Poison Ivy

Learning how to identify and avoid Poison Ivy can be an important skill when working on a homestead and dealing with brush.

Remember, when you were a young child an a loving adult taught you the rhyme “Leaves Of Three, Let It Be” in hopes you would stay far away from from the painful itch inducing plant.

Signs and symptoms of a poison ivy rash include: redness, itching, swelling and blisters. You can get a rash from touching Poison Ivy, your clothing touching Poison Ivy then you touching your clothing and even your pets can bring it into your house on their fur (hair). You can also transfer the Poison Ivy oil to other parts of your body with your fingers. The reaction usually develops 12 to 48 hours after exposure and typically lasts two or three weeks.

How To Identify and Avoid Poison Ivy
house of hawthornes

Click here to read about how to identify and avoid poison ivy:


Visit us on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, Google + , Homesteading Learning Interactive Group or send an email to [email protected] to join our single daily email that contain all of that day’s articles.

Melissa Francis
Melissa Francis
Greetings! I'm Melissa Francis, the founder and primary contributor to The Homestead Survival. With over 20 years of experience in homesteading, sustainability, and emergency preparedness, I've dedicated my life to helping others achieve a simpler, more self-reliant lifestyle.

Subscribe Today


Get unlimited access to our EXCLUSIVE Content and our archive of subscriber stories.

Exclusive content

Latest articles

Popular Articles

More articles