How To Remove The Bitter Taste In Cucumbers
How to remove the bitter taste from cucumbers can be done in a simple manner. Despite being healthy snack, cucumbers are often known to have a bitter taste.
Even after making a careful selection from the farmer’s market, you can still end up with that bitter taste in your mouth.
Apart from removing the dark green skin from the cucumbers which is a great way of losing essential nutrients there is another super easy way of getting rid of the bitterness in cucumbers.
To do so, follow the steps below:
– Wash your cucumbers thoroughly
– Locate both ends of the stem and blossom and cut out a small piece (about half an inch) off.
– Take one piece and place it back to its place and start rubbing the flat ends together
– You will soon notice the release of a white foamy substance
– Continue, don’t stop until the production and release of fresh foam has stopped.
– The same process should be repeated on the opposite end, after which you wash it off.
– Your cucumber is ready to eat
While some think that this process of rubbing two ends of a cucumber together is simply an old folk tale that is unrelated to science, others think it to be an effective means of drawing out the bitter substance – cucurbitacins from the cucumber.
Click here to read about how to remove the bitter taste from cucumbers:
You may also like...