Cast iron is one of the oldest materials that has been used to make pots and pans out of for more than a century. For the main reason is that it is extremely durable and is able to take an incredible amount of wear and tear. If you ask anyone that has used one they only get better as they get seasoned. This DIY project will show just how durable cast iron really is.
– Basic edge grinder (e.g. 4 1/2″);
– Wire brush head for the grinder (preferably brass);
– Extension cord, if necessary to make your work space safe
– Appropriate protective gear:
– hearing protection;
– safety glasses;
– dust mask;
– long sleeve shirt, long pants, boots, etc.
With the right tools and supplies most anyone should be able to follow the instructions described inside the DIY project. It does not require a whole lot of skill to complete all of the instructions, but it is helpful to have a some experience with power tools.
Benefits of reading and following the How to Restore a Rusty Cast Iron Frying Pan
● The project includes a 4-step, fully downloadable plan for restoring the pan
● The plan also includes a complete list of the materials, supplies and tools needed
● The plans 4-steps are extremely easy to read and follow so that most anyone can do it
● You will also find several full color pictures inside that will help give a good visual depiction of some of the steps
Click here to read about how to restore a rusty cast iron frying pan:
TheHomesteadSurvival.com is all about preparedness through self reliance.
Our mission is to inspire and encourage you to live a simple, joyful life, no matter where you live. If you want to learn homesteading skills, like raising chickens and preserving the harvest for winter, you’ve come to the right place.