Ice Tea Drink Homemade Old Fashioned Recipe
This Ice Tea Drink Homemade Old Fashioned Recipe is a summer favorite of homesteading families. Drinking tea is good for your health. It may lower the risk of cancer, it can encourage weight loss, and recent studies have shown tea can help lower blood pressure. REFRESHING…. and delicious!
4 tea bags (your choice)
2 quarts cold water
3/4 cup white sugar
1 lemon or orange slice one-fourth inch thick
1. Add spring, filtered, or distilled cold water in a saucepan. Bring to a boil.
2. Pour boiling water and tea bags into heat-proof, glass pitcher along with a pinch of baking soda. Cover, and allow to steep for 15 minutes.
3. Remove tea bags and stir in sugar. Stir thoroughly.
4. Refrigerate overnight before serving.
5. Makes two quarts.
6. Garnish glasses with lemon or orange slices. (maybe a sprig of mint)