Keep Dogs from Escaping Rolling Fence DIY Project
How to Keep Dogs from Escaping Rolling Fence DIY Project is just what you need to keep your dogs in your yard safely and frugally. Does your dog’s ability to escape from the backyard have you convinced that he/she are nothing less than a hairy Houdini?
Fencing your property is expensive but essential if you have dogs and young children. Sometimes though, the fence that was installed is not sufficiently high enough and your dogs can actually jump right over.
If you need to make your fence more secure because your dog is an escape artist who likes to roam the neighborhood, you may want to install a Roll Bar fence above your current fence.
Your dog will try to jump up but will not be able to get sure footing therefore falling back into your yard.
Follow these steps to do-it-yourself.
TOOLS AND MATERIALS:
• Bolt or wire cutter
• Electric drill / screwdriver
• Tape measure
• 1” and 3” PVC pipes
• Crimp / wire anchor locks
• 4” and 7/8” L-brackets
• Steel / braided wire rope
• Measure your fence so you would know how much wire and PVC to purchase.
• Estimate the number of L-brackets you would need by dividing the measured fence in 4-feet increments. The number of crimp / wire anchor locks, would be the same.
• Acquire all the material and tools and let’s get started.
• Use the hacksaw to cut the PVC, the 1” size should be about a 1/2” shorter than the 3” PVC.
• Attach the L-Brackets to the top of your current fence, with the L sitting inwardly, facing each other. Leave a 1/4” gap between each pair.
• Secure one end of the wire rope to the L-shaped lock, using the crimp / wire anchor lock.
• Extend the wire all the way to the other L-shaped lock in the pair and cut the wire, leaving excess available so that you can clamp it properly.
• Thread the wire through the 1” PVC and then insert the 1” PVC into the 3” PVC.
• Secure tightly, the next end of the rope to the next L-Shaped lock in the pair, the same way as you did before.
• Repeat until you have completed the installation.
You may also like...