Leaf Seed Thresher Shredder Gardening Homesteading Tool DIY Project
This Leaf Seed Thresher Shredder Gardening Homesteading Tool DIY Project is an amazing way to use items you already have sitting idle around your shed and maybe a few frugal items.
Follow this DIY to make a gas-powered leaf shredder or seed thresher. Materials are much cheaper than buying a machine, and you may find some at a junk shop: 30 gallon trash can, gas power string trimmer, lawn mower handle and throttle adjustment lever, .25” hardware cloth, scrap wood, curtain rods, deck screws and bolts.
You will need these tools and materials:
.25″ hardware cloth
Deck screws and some bolts
Curtain rods or plumbing strap
A throttle adjustment lever from a mower
Gas power string trimmer, free or $60 new
Lawn mower handle, free from junked mower
Some scrap wood, 1×6 board, 1×2 and 2×2 pieces
Round 30 gallon trash can, new $20 (Use a plastic can, this metal one cuts the line a lot where the screen is attached)
1. Cut out four sections from the bottom of the trash can. It should look like a wheel with two inch wide mags.
2. Measure the hardware cloth to fit the can. Cut.
3. Cut scrap wood in 1x 2 to reinforce the mags and hold the mesh. Attach with screws.
4. Make the legs with the lawn mower handle. Use a wrench to twist the handles so it fits around the can. Hammer the tips flat.
5. Drill holes into the can and then insert a bolt, with the nut sticking out of the can. Attach the legs from Step # 4.
6. Drill holes at the base of the legs. Screw the board into place, and add perpendicular boards for extra stability.
7. To make the trimmer, remove the shaft and bend it at 90 degrees.
8. Cut the drive cable. Make a new tip by grinding the end into the desired shape.
9. Reattach the shaft, the trimmer head ( the string should hang half an inch above the can) and handle.
10. Brace the motor against the board with a plumbing strap or curtain rod.
Click here to read about Leaf Seed Thresher Shredder Gardening Homesteading Tool DIY Project: