This Mediterranean Artisan Bread Homemade Recipe is simply delicious and will your homesteading kitchen smell divine. This bread is so versatile and only takes a few hours to make.
4 Cups Flour
1 teaspoon Salt
1/4 Cup Olive Oil
1 Packet of Yeast
1 Cup and 2 Tablespoons of Water
1. Mix all ingredients in a large bowl. Take care not to put the yeast in direct contact with the salt when they are first added to the bowl.
2. Knead well with your hands and knuckles until the dough is elastic, smooth and shiny. Cover with a piece of cling wrap and leave to rise for one hour.
3. Divide the dough into two
4. Shape both of the doughs into rough round shapes and press firmly down. Sprinkle white flour lightly over the top and mark them with a cross.
5. Place them on a baking sheet lined with baking paper and let rise for one hour in a warm place.
6. Bake at 425F for 30 minutes until golden-brown. Remove from the oven and cool on a wire rack.
This Homemade Mediterranean Artisan Bread is perfect for dipping into olive oil and taking a bite.
This recipe is shared by Theresa Ratliff …. 3 Cheers for her kindness.
Bonus Question: Can the dough be put in the freezer?
Theresa responds: “I haven’t tried, but I would say yes. I would let it rise the first time, then separate it into the two balls and then freeze it like that. That way when you need it, you would just take it out and let it rise the second time and then bake it.”