Orange carrot juice recipe and why it is so healthy to drink? A lot of us are trying to eat nutritiously on the go. We have smoothies and use juicers trying to pack as much healthy foods into cups as possible. This recipe is a good one because for all of its simplicity it provides a lot of nutrition.
TWO Peeled Oranges
ONE Cleaned Carrots
ONE Tablespoon of organic flaxseed oil
You can run the ingredients through a juicer (not my favorite choice because you throw away the fiber) or you can use a personal blender which emulsifies everything so you don’t lose the fiber.
Here are some great reasons to enjoy this healthy choice juice . . .
- Carrots are a wonderful source of vitamin A which helps the body to help maintain healthy skin.
- Studies show that the abundance of polyphenols in oranges protects against viral infections. This is why when you are sick, people bring you orange juice is hopes of aiding your speedy recovery.
- Carrots help increase saliva, is packed with vitamins and enzymes that aid in digestion. Carrot juice can help prevent gastric ulcers and other digestive disorders.
- Oranges are full of soluble fiber and are helpful in lowering cholesterol.
- Carrots are rich in alkaline elements, helping the body to balance the acid/alkaline ratio of the body.
- Drinking orange juice regularly can be helpful in preventing kidney diseases and kidney stones.
- Carrots are a good source of potassium, which can help reduce elevated blood pressure levels.
And the Flax seed oil supplies a rich balance of essential fatty acids, notably omega-3s (ALA) and omega-6s (linoleic acid), flaxseed oil is perhaps one of the best vegan and vegetarian-friendly sources of these important EFAs.
You May Also Be Interested In…