Soft Scrub Mild Abrasive Cleaning Homemade Frugal Recipe
This Soft Scrub Mild Abrasive Cleaning Homemade Frugal Recipe for making a powerful homemade cleanser that features a number of natural ingredients that cuts through grease and grime in a blink of an eye. Boosted with baking soda and citrus essential oils, this homemade cleaning recipe works wonders to the point that you will make you second guess all those years of buying cleaners from the grocery store.
Homesteaders who live frugally know a little something about making and using household cleaners in their own kitchen and bathrooms. These cleaners can easily better than popular commercially produced cleaner that contains dangerous chemicals that are potentially harmful.
By sharing our experience with making homemade household cleaners, it will save money and be safer as they are cleaning around the house.
Here includes a step by step instructional guide that covers everything from start to finish.
This homemade abrasive scrub will replace your more expensive scrub (such as bar keeper’s friend, comet, soft scrub, etc.) If you are unable to make the scrub or don’t have the time, use straight baking soda. The citrus in the scrub helps with grease and lift stains but the baking soda works good all by itself
Citrus Peels (Orange, Lime, Lemon, Tangerine and Kumquat)
Citrus Essential Oils including….
Orange Essential Oil – (Buy Here on Amazon)
Grapefruit Essential Oil – (Buy Here on Amazon)
Lime Essential Oil – (Buy Here on Amazon)
Tangerine Essential Oil – (Buy Here on Amazon)
3-Pack Variety of Citrus Blend – Orange, Tangerine, Lemon Essential Oils – (Buy Here on Amazon)
Mason Glass jar with lid – (Buy Here on Amazon)
1. Place citrus peels in food processor until finely chopped or finely mince with a knife.
2. Mix finely chopped citrus peels and Baking Soda (3 parts baking soda to 1 part ground citrus peels)
3. Mix until a light yellow color and citrus peels almost have a dry feeling
4. 1 cup of finely chopped citrus peels to 3 cups of baking soda – will create a batch
5. Add 5 drops essential citrus oil – Your choice of (Orange, Lime, Grapefruit) into the mixture. I prefer Graefruit essential oil, it perseveres and has great cleaning ability.
6. Mix thoroughly and store in glass mason jar
7. Scrub in a circular motion and rinse with water.