Snow Ice Color Tie Dyed Fabric Easy Craft Project was designed to introduce homesteading readers to a unique way to dye fabric using nature’s gift “snow” along with the color dyes.
Re-purposed fabric can be used in a number of unique DIY projects. One way to prepare the fabric to be used is to use multi-colored dye to create unique color patterns on the fabric after you have torn the fabric into uniform sizes.
Here are the supplies needed to complete this project:
• natural fiber material (muslin or canvas)
• Dharma Textile Detergent or Synthrapol (Click here to buy from Amazon)
• bucket for soda ash water
• soda ash (Click here to buy from Amazon)
• cup and teaspoon – only used for crafts
• dust mask, goggles, gloves
• rubber bands
• containers to dye material in (plastic shoe boxes, kitty litter boxes, etc.)
• Procion MX dyes (Click here to buy from Amazon)
• bucket for snow and scoop or your hands
• plastic bags to cover dyed containers
• towels to clean up
• warm area to leave dyed material containers overnight
This Do It Yourself project was created and shared with everyone by the author. They were hoping to help other fellow DIYers by coming up with an interesting way to use snow as part of the fabric dying process.
The project includes a listing of all materials, supplies, and tools. It also includes a complete, easy to read and follow the instructional guide that covers everything from start to finish.
Click here to read about how to Snow Ice Color Tie Dyed Fabric Easy Craft Project: