Are you a lover of the great outdoors? Do you enjoy camping under the stars, surrounded by nature’s beauty? If so, then you’ll definitely want to check out this clever DIY project that will make your camping experience even better!
Introducing the Milk Jug Lantern! This easy and fun DIY project is perfect for anyone looking to add a soft, ambient light to their campsite. And the best part? It’s made entirely from recycled materials, so it’s not only frugal but also environmentally friendly.
Here’s what you’ll need to get started:
- 1 empty gallon plastic milk jug or water jug
- 1 headlamp
- Begin by washing out your milk jug with hot water and removing the label.
- Next, fill the milk jug up with water.
- Strap your headlamp onto the jug, pointing into the milk jug.
- Turn your headlamp on, and voila! You now have a lantern that will provide the perfect amount of ambient light for reading, playing games or illuminating the inside of your tent.
But that’s not all! This DIY project can also come in handy during a disaster or emergency situation. Imagine being stuck without power or electricity, and having this gentle glowing light source to comfort you and your family during the night. This simple yet brilliant DIY project is a game-changer and ensures that you’re fully prepared for anything that may come your way, allowing you to rest easy and enjoy the great outdoors without worrying about unexpected power outages.
So, before you head out on your next camping trip, be sure to add this easy and fun DIY project to your gear. And don’t forget to check out my favorite tricks for getting free camping gear from Walmart and Target.
Happy camping and sustainability to all!