This Banana Nut Wheat Cereal Bread Vintage Recipe is a creative twist on an old fashioned way to use the last cup of cereal (all the crumbles) in the bottom of a breakfast cereal box.
If you do not like “Wheat Chex” cereal, just replace it with “Rice Chex” cereal.
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour*
1/2 cup sugar
2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup Wheat Chex cereal crushed to 1/2 cup
1/3 cup chopped nuts
1 egg, slightly beaten
1/4 cup vegetable oil
2 tablespoons water
1 1/2 cups mashed banana (3 large)
1 teaspoon vanilla
1. Preheat oven to 350° degrees. Grease an 8½ x 4½ x 2½-inch loaf pan.
2. Stir together flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, baking soda, crushed wheat Chex cereal, and nuts.
3. Combine egg, oil, water, mashed banana, and vanilla. Add all at once to dry ingredients.
4. Stir just until moistened. Spread evenly in pan.
5. Bake 50-55 minutes or until tester inserted in center comes out clean.
TheHomesteadSurvival.com is all about preparedness through self reliance.
Our mission is to inspire and encourage you to live a simple, joyful life, no matter where you live. If you want to learn homesteading skills, like raising chickens and preserving the harvest for winter, you’ve come to the right place.