Cheese Monkey Pull Apart Bread Vintage Homemade Recipe
This Cheese Monkey Pull Apart Bread Vintage Homemade Recipe is a great snack or side dish when feeding a big family but always a winner at potluck dinners.
1 cup milk
1 tsp. salt
3 eggs, beaten
1 tablespoon sugar
3 to 4 cups flour
1/4 cup warm water
1 cup butter or margarine
1 1/2 packages dry yeast
3/4 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
1. Soften yeast in warm water and stir in sugar.
2. Scald milk and add one-half cup butter and salt. Cool to lukewarm.
3. Stir beaten eggs and yeast mixture into lukewarm milk mixture. Gradually beat in flour and cheese with a wooden spoon to make a soft dough.
4. Transfer dough to a greased bowl and turn to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place free from drafts until doubled in bulk.
5. Divide dough in half and roll each portion out on floured surface into rectangle one-half-inch thick.
6. Melt remaining butter.
7. Cut dough into 3-inch diamond shapes.
8. Dip each piece of dough into melted butter and layer in a greased 10-inch ring mold, overlapping points of dough pieces. There should be about three layers, but pan should be no more than three-quarters full or pieces of dough will pop off while baking.
9. Let rise until doubled in bulk, about one hour.
10. Bake at 400 degrees 35 minutes or until lightly browned.
Makes one loaf.
Click here to read about how to make Cheese Monkey Pull Apart Bread Vintage Homemade Recipe:
Click here to read about how to make Jalapeño Cheddar Pull Apart Monkey Bread:
You may also like...