This Mosquito Repelling Essential Oil Mason Jars and House Spray Recipe will drive mosquitoes far from your home and make it comfortable without the threat of flying blood-sucking insects.
The saliva of the mosquito-transmitted to the host with the bite can cause itching and a rash. In addition, many species of mosquitoes inject or ingest (or both) disease-causing organisms with the bite and are thus a vector for the transmission of diseases such as malaria, yellow fever, Chikungunya, West Nile virus, dengue fever, filariasis, Zika virus, and other arboviruses.
Mosquitoes kill more people than any other animal: over 700,000 each year worldwide
Materials and Ingredients:
3 Limes (Sliced up)
3 Lemons (Sliced up)
8 sprigs of Fresh Rosemary (Rosemary essential oil, if you must)
4 Wide-Mouth Quart Mason Jars
Window Screen Material
4 Wide Mouth Mason Jar Rings
1. Place all 4 wide-mouth mason jars before you.
2. Put equal amounts of lemon and lime slices in each mason jar. Put the citrus slices along the inner wall so you can see the slices from the outside.
3. Place 2 sprigs of fresh Rosemary in the center of each mason jar.
4. Fill the quart mason jars 3/4 of the way full. Leave 2 inches of headspace empty.
5. Put 10 drops Lemongrass Essential Oil in each mason jar
6. Put 10 drops Citronella Essential Oil in each mason jar
7. Put 10 drops Eucalyptus Essential Oil in each mason jar
8. Put 10 drops Thyme Essential Oil in each mason jar
9. Place window screen material flat, use a wide mouth mason jar canning lid to trace 4 circles. Cut 4 circles out.
10. Place a cutout window screen circle on top of filled mason jar then gently screw the mason jar ring onto the jar. Repeat 3 more times.
Place outside where your family and friends gather…..
To make the Mosquito Repellant Spray Recipe:
10 drops Lemongrass Essential Oil
10 drops Citronella Essential Oil
10 drops Eucalyptus Essential Oil
10 drops Thyme Essential Oil
10 drops Rosemary Essential Oil
Pour all the essential oil drops inside a spray bottle and add water. Leave one inch of headspace empty.
SHAKE for 20 seconds before each use when spraying door frame entryways and window frames around your home. Mosquitoes HATE HATE HATE this mixture and will stay far far away.
I have even sprayed it upon myself (not my face) with great success.