1. Bake cake mix using directions on the cake mix box.
2. Bake using 2 -8 inch round layer cake pans.
3. When cake is cool, cut each cake layer across in two about 1/4 inch off center. See directions picture below. Making 2 large pieces and 2 smaller pieces.
4. Place these 4 pieces together with frosting between them. With the smaller pieces on the outside.
5. Stand them upright,on a cake plate with the cut sides down.
6. Trim the outside pieces at the top outer edges to help round off edges creating an egg shape.
7. Then trim off outside pieces slicing diagonally to give cake an oval shape at the bottom.
8. Cover the whole mound with the remaining frosting, filling in to make an egg shape. Decorate with extra white and tinted frosting, jelly beans and any other Easter themed candy of your choosing.
9. Tint coconut green for the grass at the bottom of cake.
10. To serve cut across the cake as shown so each person gets a 4 layer slice.
Greetings! I'm Melissa Francis, the founder and primary contributor to The Homestead Survival. With over 20 years of experience in homesteading, sustainability, and emergency preparedness, I've dedicated my life to helping others achieve a simpler, more self-reliant lifestyle.
TheHomesteadSurvival.com is all about preparedness through self reliance.
Our mission is to inspire and encourage you to live a simple, joyful life, no matter where you live. If you want to learn homesteading skills, like raising chickens and preserving the harvest for winter, you’ve come to the right place.