Home Heating with Firewood or Wood Pellets – Wood Stove – Homesteading
The article ‘Home Heating with Firewood or Wood Pellets’ was designed to show the comparisons between two of the more popular types of fuel; firewood and wood pellets.
With the high cost of heating fuels driving more and more people to seek out alternative ways to heat their homes, there are plenty of questions that need to be answered. This is especially true when you are considering what type of fuel you should use for a wood burning fireplace or stove.
* * *Benefits of reading the Home Heating: Which is better, firewood or wood-pellet for fuel
* ~ Learn about the similarities and differences between firewood and wood pellet as a fuel for home heating
* ~ The article goes into great detail to explain how each of the two materials is used in home heating
* ~ It also includes a description of how it is infinitely better to use wood as compared with a petroleum-based fuel for the environment
* ~ There are numerous full-color pictures that help to provide a good visual reference of the information in the article
Table 1.—Price per million BTUs of available heat for alternative fuels, firewood, and wood pellets.
Fuel Cost per unit of available heat
Natural gas $1.23/therm1 $15.77
Electricity $0.985/KWH2 $28.24
Heating oil $4.009/gallon3 $34.50
Propane $2.484/gallon3 $36.40
* * *Firewood at $150/cord
Oregon white oak $8.40
Western larch $11.40
Ponderosa pine $14.70
* * *Firewood at $250/cord
Oregon white oak $14.00
Western larch $19.00
Ponderosa pine $24.50
Wood pellets at $200/ton $15.20
Wood pellets at $250/ton $19.00
The article was designed to help educate the reader on the major benefits and differences between the two wood product fuel options for home heating systems.
The article points out why each one would make a real choice and it makes it easier for the reader to make an informed decision.
The information was very well researched and presented in a way that makes it really easy for the reader to be able to read it and to understand everything it is saying.
Click here to read about Home Heating with Firewood or Wood Pellets:
Use of images: TheHomesteadSurvival.Com, shares and actively promotes websites containing the best related articles and tutorials. ~ To help promote the source website’s article, we sometimes use images from the original article. ~ When images are used in this manner, permission is always requested from the website owner. ~ If you have any issues regarding this please don’t hesitate and contact us at: [email protected]