This Homemade Jack Daniels Bread Pudding Recipe is total comfort food and a family favorite recipe! Don’t worry the alcohol content burns off while the delicious flavor remains so people of all ages can eat this recipe.
1 Loaf (one-pound) white bread
1 quart milk
3 eggs, beaten slightly
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 cup raisins
2 Tablespoons vanilla extract
3 Tablespoons butter (melted)
Jack Daniels whiskey sauce
1. Break bread into small chunks and place into a large bowl.
2. Add milk, and let soak about ten; crush with hands until blended.
3. Add eggs and sugar, raisins and vanilla.
4. Pour melted butter into a 13 inch by 9 inch and 2 inches deep baking pan.
5. Pour bread chunk mixture into baking pan.
6. Bake at 325 degrees for 1 hour. You may have to bake for an additional 15 minutes until it is firm.
7. Let cool completely.
8. Cut into squares.
JACK DANIELS SAUCE:
1 lb brown sugar
1 cup salted butter
1 cup heavy whipping cream
1 pinch salt
1/2 cup Jack Daniels Whiskey
Combine all ingredients into a large saucepan and heat to boiling. Turn heat down to low and allow to reduce to consistency of your liking.
You will have some extra to pour over the pudding and ice cream when you serve it.
Serve hot with either ice cream and extra sauce or with heavy cream drizzled over it.
Enjoy and be sure to share this delicious dessert.