This step by step tutorial of poly pipe greenhouse with above mist sprinkler system project is the best way to maximize plant growth and production while reducing the amount of time you need to spend in the garden.
Go from hobbyist to full-fledged extended season gardener with this DIY greenhouse.
In this article, I’m going to show you how to construct a quick-and-easy greenhouse with a built-in sprinkler system.
Materials for greenhouse:
• 8 star pickets (10 x 1650mm)
• 100′ (30 meters) of 1.25” (13mm) PVC pipe
• 65x 12” (20 x 3.6m) 70% shade cloth
• (optional) post rammer
• (optional) roll of heavy duty polyurethane sheeting
Materials for sprinkler system
• 3 – 90-degree 1 ¼ ” (13mm)corner connections
• 3 – ‘T’ 1 ¼” (13mm) connectors
• 1 – 1 ¼ (13mm) garden hose connector
• 66′ (20 meters) of 2” rural grade green poly pipe
• paracord or heavy-duty twine
1. Spread the posts at 4′ intervals with four on each side (use a post rammer to make the job easier).
2. Cut the PVC pipe into 4 even pieces (25′ for each) and slide them over the posts, creating arches from one side to the other.
3. Drill holes in the poly pipe at regular intervals to create the sprinklers.
4. Create your support frame for the sprinkler system by cutting connecting the poly pipe using the connectors.
5. Run the poly pipe sections with sprinkler holes along the top and along the sides of the greenhouse, securing it to the frame with paracord.
6. Place the shade cloth over the framework, securing it in place with twine or paracord. Any sewing skills you have will come in handy here, but if you’re not sewing-included, simply secure it as it is and cut a slit for the door.
Click here to read about Poly Pipe Greenhouse with Above Mist Sprinkler System Project:
TheHomesteadSurvival.com is all about preparedness through self reliance.
Our mission is to inspire and encourage you to live a simple, joyful life, no matter where you live. If you want to learn homesteading skills, like raising chickens and preserving the harvest for winter, you’ve come to the right place.