This Strawberry Raisin Scones Vintage Baking Recipe is a delicious robust quick bread that makes a great afternoon snack served with a cup of tea.
Scones are biscuit-like pastries or quick breads that are often rolled into round shapes and cut into quarters and then baked.
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup milk
2 eggs, beaten
3/4 cup Sun-Maid Raisins
1/2 cup thick strawberry jam
1. Heat oven to 425°F.
2. Grease an 8-inch round cake pan.
3. Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
4. Using pastry blender or fork, cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
5. Add milk, eggs, and raisins; stir just until dry ingredients are moistened.
6. With floured hands, pat half of dough into the bottom of greased pan; press dough 1/4 inch upsides.
7. Spread dough with jam. Top with remaining dough; spread evenly.
8. Using a sharp knife, score the dough into 8 wedges.
9. Brush top lightly with melted butter and sprinkle with sugar, if desired.
10. Bake at 425°F. for 20 to 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
11. Serve warm.
Makes 8 servings.